Preventive Cardiology Inc. utilizes an old practice model to deliver current and cutting-edge clinical care. Initial office consultations take at least one hour and every follow-up visit with the doctor requires 30 minutes. These extended visits are essential in order to accomplish our goal: The identification and management of cardiovascular risks. As this is a cardiology practice, echocardiograms, nuclear stress tests, and carotid ultrasounds are performed on site when necessary.
Additionally, at times it is essential to perform 24 hour blood pressure monitoring in order to properly diagnose white coat syndrome, as well as extended telemetry monitoring in order to evaluate rhythm disturbances. Although these “standard” cardiovascular tests and services are sometimes needed, the overarching theme of the practice is to prevent heart attacks and strokes through appropriate lifestyle changes and the management of all cardiovascular risks.
- Preventive Cardiology consultation and management
- Cardiovascular consultation
- Complex Cholesterol (Lipid) abnormality consultation and management
- Cascade screening for Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- Nuclear stress testing
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- 30-day telemetry monitoring
- Bioimpedance testing
- Evaluation of CT coronary angiography
- Evaluation of Carotid Intima-Media Thickness (CIMT)
- In-office INR testing (For patients taking Coumadin/Warfarin)
- Weight management for high risk patients